YingHua Chinese School | YingHua International School | Announcement | Login

through Paypal
Total  visits

"YingHua in Beijing" Summer Program Announcement

68 Records (68 pages) [start] << 1 Back - 61 62 63 64 65 - Next 1 >> [end]

by Liao,Bonnie on 2010-06-09

Dear YiB Parents,

Only less than 20 days left before the beginning of our summer program.

For those who could come to the orientation, could you go to http://www.doodle.com/2z42k5bkdnspmxe2 to give me your availability this weekend? It seems like that the orientation would happen on Sunday, but so far, we've got only one family indicating their availability for 3-5 p.m. on Sunday.

Unless we could have at least one other family joining, we may have to call it off.

I am still waiting for a few of the students to submit their essays. Drs. Patent, Plum, and I are all waiting to hear from them and to give them our feedback. Please do make sure that your child send his/her essay to us this week.

I am also waiting to see everybody's "supplementary registration" completed online.

The packing list is at the FAQs at www.yinghuasummer.org. I am attaching it here for your convenience.

Please let me know should you have any questions.

5: What should students bring to camp? What should they not bring?

Posted on 2009-05-19 by Director

Summers are HOT in Beijing, so t-shirts and shorts are sufficient for outings. You may also want to pack a light jacket or sweater for layering. Students can use a reasonable laundry service. Do prepare enough changing clothes for one full week.

Two photos for ID and form (school photo is OK, 2 size 1" diag.)

One personal journal book. For 6th graders and older, the book must be lined. You can choose a style you'd like to write on three times a week and not too heavy (but at least has 70 sheets). For 5th graders and younger, the book should be blank on which you can draw and write one or two sentences.

Pencils, eraser, and pens.

Hand sanitizer in small bottle(s) plus one large refill bottle (enough for your own child to use)

T shirts
long pants (1 pair - MUST have for visiting religous sites)
sneakers (hiking boots optional for the 4th week)
sweatshirt or light jacket

bathroom kit: toothbrush/paste, comb, shampoo, soap, bath towel, bath robe (optional), slippers (no carpet in the room), nail clipper.

swimming suit
sun screen
bug repellent
water bottle (with strap for outing and hiking)
sun hat

Chinese magazines & books including textbooks your child would like to study

linen or sleeping bag if your child has a tendency to become allergic to different detergents

any items that may make your child feel like at home

DO NOT bring excessive luggage. Generally one large suitcase, one carry-on, and a backpack should be adequate.

including anything that are not allowed in regular schools
NO FLIP-FLOPs as street shoes (flip-flops are OK in the dorm as slippers)

Game Boys or other electronic game players
CD players, laptops, or other expensive electronic equipment
valuables (e.g., expensive jewelry, excessive amount of cash)
clothes that have to be dry-cleaned
any non-Chinese books
books or magazines with inappropriate contents including erotic, anti-Communist, or any other materials banned by the Chinese government (e.g., propaganda for Fa Lun Gong).

There will be opportunities for the students to do a little shopping on outing trips. Students may want to purchase souvenirs, postcards, etc. Certain optional services and activities such as private tutor need to be paid by students. Recommended amount: $15-$50 a week

68 Records (68 pages) [start] << 1 Back - 61 62 63 64 65 - Next 1 >> [end]