YingHua Chinese School | YingHua International School | Announcement | Login

through Paypal
Total  visits

"YingHua in Beijing" Honors Program Journal

140 Records (140 pages) [start] << 1 Back - 131 132 133 134 135 - Next 1 >> [end]

by Lihongxie on 0000-00-00

At the end of my conversation with Rachel this morning, she asked me to send a message of apology for her to all those who have written her lately (middle school friends, elementary school frineds, teachers, piano teacher, frineds since birth, my colleague): during Friday's computer class the computer was her enemy. She had 8 messages in her IN box. Each time she read a message, she wanted to reply to the sender right away, but each time she tried to do that, the computer locked up. In the end she did manage to finish reading all the e-mails (except that she could not open the two e-cards sent to her), but the bell rang and she had no more time to try her luck with the computer. She wanted me to tell her friends/teachers that she is sorry about not being able to write them this week, and that she really really appreciates everybody writing to her.
Again we had a long and very good conversation: she is doing remarkably well despite all the difficulties (in language proficiency, which affects her in more than one way) she is still experiencing, but I can tell that she has made great progress in more than one way in just a month, during which she spent all the weekends on campus, including last weekend, when she had her 12th birthday, away from any family member. She remarked this morning that sometimes you don't think you can do something, but then you proof you can; other times you think you can do something, but you end up not being able to do it. She made other interesting remarks, but I don't have time to write them down here--maybe later.
In my message to her friends/teachers, I told them about the journal at YingHuan Language Schoo's Web site.
In this past month, Rachel has kept a correspondence with Bonnie. She told me to write Bonnie a separate, longer message to apologize for her not being able to write. Well, I just wrote one message and send it to all: it was longer than the one she indended for me to write Bonnie. I am so glad that she and Bonnie are continuing the very special relationship that was begun at the camp in July.

140 Records (140 pages) [start] << 1 Back - 131 132 133 134 135 - Next 1 >> [end]

You need to be a registered user to post in the forum. Please login or register