YingHua Chinese School | YingHua International School | Announcement | Login

through Paypal

Total  visits

"YingHua in Beijing" Honors Program Journal

140 Records (140 pages) [start] << 1 Back - 121 122 123 124 125 - Next 1 >> [end]

11/16/2005

by Lihongxie on 0000-00-00

Last weekend Rachel and I talked more about ¡°gossip¡±¡ªthe subject of her last journal entry. She finds it odd that something she didn¡¯t seem to care in the States now bothers her some at Limai. She feels being left out: several times the girls in her dorm instantly stopped talking the second she entered the room. While she earlier felt that the girls were all friendly toward her, now she feels that some do not like her, and one girl badmouthed about another girl who has been consistently friendly toward Rachel: that this girl likes to be friendly toward overseas students because they are useful to her.
She wasn¡¯t very upset on the phone about this, just musing about ¡°human nature.¡± I made a couple of suggestions to her: she could either try to ignore such stuff and focus on ¡°important¡± things, or she could take a candid and direct approach by talking to a girl with whom she feels most comfortable about this issue. She was noncommittal about my suggestions, but said somewhat in amusement, ¡°but Mama, for some girls, gossiping IS the most important thing of all!¡±
We also talked about trying to be open-minded and big-hearted: there is a long way between not wanting someone to take advantage of you and rushing to judgment or being influenced by someone else¡¯s judgment that this is happening.
[edit]

140 Records (140 pages) [start] << 1 Back - 121 122 123 124 125 - Next 1 >> [end]

You need to be a registered user to post in the forum. Please login or register