YingHua Chinese School | YingHua International School | Announcement | Login

through Paypal
Total  visits

"YingHua in Beijing" Honors Program Journal

140 Records (140 pages) [start] << 1 Back - 111 112 113 114 115 - Next 1 >> [end]

by Allan on 2012-10-20

This is Allan, Rachelí»s father. I have thought of posting here but never quite got to actually doing it; maybe this letter would be a good start . . .
December 7, 2005
I have been thinking a good deal about your adventure in China this year, and how proud Mama and I are of you. What you have done is to follow your passion, your dream and made it come alive. You have overcome difficulties and are gaining proficiency in Chinese. You are, I think, passionate about China. It is good to be passionate about something, for it gives meaning to your life. Maybe your passion for China started with Yeye and Popo (you never wanted to leave them when you were younger and we visited China), but it has grown beyond that to a passion for the language and culture, for all things Chinese. I never abandoned my passion for history, even when I had lousy history classes where I knew more than the teacher and later when it appeared a job would be difficult to find. You have given up the comforts of home and accepted the loneliness that comes with boarding school. If we agreed to it--it was still your choice, your decision. If you follow your passion, lots of things will open up, in the most surprising (and unknown) places.

140 Records (140 pages) [start] << 1 Back - 111 112 113 114 115 - Next 1 >> [end]

You need to be a registered user to post in the forum. Please login or register