YingHua Chinese School | YingHua International School | Announcement | Login

through Paypal
Total  visits

"YingHua in Beijing" Summer Program Announcement

23 Records (23 pages) [start] << 1 Back - 11 12 13 14 15 - Next 1 >> [end]

by Luo,Lifeng on 2008-07-12

Dear Parents,
This morning we had a special opportunity to observe a process for selecting children's performance to be part of the evening entertainment program during the Summer Olympics in August and the Para-Olympics in September. The children aged 3 to teenagers gave about 12 performance in front of the selection committee. These children were selected three months ago and only have the weekends for the intensive practice. Due to limited seats available and the nature of the event, only students 11 years and older went. The rest were with Wang Laoshi and Li Laoshi to play chess and watch movie "Kong-Fu Panda."
The students in the advanced class were asked to write an essay about the morning performance focusing on the usage of the verbs.
At 4:30 p.m., some of the older kids had a special session on "peer pressure" using some real experience recently happened here. Some of their self-reflection essays were very well-written and very deep. One said, "What's shocked me was that 'peer pressure' could creep on you without you realizing its presence.... In some situations, that could be very dangerous. I really need to watch out. If I could not stop what's going on, I should at least have the courage to leave." Another said, "I have been to expensive leadership forums, taken extra leadership classes, but none of that helps until you are actually in the situation, in the real world, in real life."
Whatever happened was not as significant as what these kids have learned through reflection and discussion. I am grateful for having your children with me, who are able thinkers giving me the opportunity to share my advice with them.
Almost every day, Gong Laoshi would distribute some fruits to the students. Today, it was Lee-chi!
Tomorrow, we are going to see the Great Wall!
So much for today!

23 Records (23 pages) [start] << 1 Back - 11 12 13 14 15 - Next 1 >> [end]